Top Blogues

samedi, juin 24, 2006

Kendra Morris @ The Living Room Lounge (NYC)

Kendra Morris | ? | ?
Saturday June 24th 2006 | The Living Room Lounge (NYC)
Kendra Morris

(warning : bad english)

My buddy and I we’re lost, delirious and drunk in Brooklyn. Looking for a place that we didn’t know we’re to found. By some kind of miraculous turn of faith we finally arrive at the Living Room Lounge in park slope.

The place was really great, large space with a lot of sofa. After my mandatory beer I was ready to hear miss Morris. We were just in time, there she was, all alone with her guitar, standing in front of a giant ghetto blaster that she use as an amp. Out of this tiny woman came out a amazingly soul’ish voice and an indie rock guitar sound. She played a short set, five or six song if I remember correctly, and the crowd loved her. Her songs are mostly about the ultimate topic; relationships and their never-ending stories of good and bad turn point. However they don’t follow the typical verse-chorus-verse scheme and are a bit more experimental in their structure. Witch is not necessarily a bad thing.

The band that follow was technically good, sounding a bit like Mogwai, but I was falling asleep on the comfy sofa. Ruff day I had. Waking up a bit when my beer was pouring into the chair. I finally come to my senses at the end of their set and we decide to get the hell out of there as another girl was tuning up her gear. If you are in New York, go see this girl play, she’s good and a marvelous person too.

Pix: My godam battery we're dead so here is one great shot by Jake Bronstein.